“St Catherine’s was really home for me from the age of 6 years old, until I turned 18 years old. It was a safe space to make mistakes, learn, be involved and have fun. I matriculated in 2012 and went on to study a National Diploma in Public Relations...
“My St Catherine’s journey is a long and winding one. My brother and sister are both alumni of the school, or of St Catherine’s Dominican Convent School, as it was in the 60s. My brother, like all the boys, had to leave in Std 1 (Grade 3), as boys...
Mother Rose saw the need to educate the children of the miners and merchants in this growing township and took up the challenge. The aim of the Sisters was to provide a solid education for young people, based on Christian values and excellent academic standards.
The school remains true to these founding principles to this day.
We Strive To:
- Nurture a system based on Gospel values with Christ at the centre of our school
- Provide a Christian atmosphere where individuals may deepen their relationship with God
- Regard each person, no matter what their association with the school, with human dignity and respect
- Encourage all learners to reach their full potential in all aspects of their growth and development
- We believe the core values of respect, integrity, forgiveness and justice are key qualities of people who live in the name of Jesus